Ms. Smith Goes to Washington
May 16, 2006
Have You Heard the News?
MS. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON
All of these points sound good, except Democrats can't clean up government by letting the criminals go free. And, the war is not mentioned. Afghanistan is not mentioned. Immigration is not mentioned. The GOP couldn't have written this better. It's so "vague." Too vague.
1) How are they going to end the Bush GOP corruption, that the DLC helped to support, and are they going to punish the real criminals?
2) What kind of "truth" are they talking about? How about what really started the war and how about real investigations, "independent ones." Change the laws regarding media and their one-sided propaganda stories.
3) We have needed programs to decrease our dependence on oil for years and they have been discouraged, laughed at, or voted down by the GOP. Now, our choices will be much slimmer because we have waited until the "last hangman's hour," which is the reason we now are being controlled and robbed at the same time, by the Bush GOP. Maybe if all of the money the Bush GOP have spent on their warring for oil, we could have had alternatives by now and they would have been paid for, and they would have created jobs.
4) Unless they get rid of NAFTA, CAFTA, and WTO ... is this what it means?
5) And, what do 36 other nations have to do with our own healthcare system? What am I missing here? Oh, they have it already. First, we have to change the attitude of the GOP, who would rather people die than live. Americans all want national healthcare and if we get it, we don't want it destroyed if at some future date the GOP, through fraud, get put into the White House again or get control of government again. And, it will only be through fraud. But, I don't believe the American people will stand for that to happen twice.
6) You know, I thought we had this already, retirement and Social Security, until Americans have allowed the intrusion of the Bush GOP into our government for the last 30 years. Why should we have to keep doing the same things over and over to protect Americans from this anti-American faction of the Republican Party? The GOP get into power and start wars that cause debt, death, and destruction, and then kill off government programs and always, always give their rich buddies the tax breaks. This has been happening for over 30 "f*****g" years. As a Democrat, I'm sick to death of having to clean up, sacrifice, bury, starve, lose jobs, because of these Bush GOP criminal bastards.
Why do Americans keep putting these type of people back into office, instead of prison where they belong? Well, except for now, we have the fraud in our elections ... but, the main reason before Bush, the decider, was placed into the White House, and the reason the GOP got away with their same old tricks, was because Democrats, those in leadership, would not speak out against them or punish them for their crimes ... in fact, many just gave them their support.
What about our environment? The Bush GOP are trying to kill the whole planet. Not mentioned specifically.
Now, the Democrats think they are going to party, party, party, because they want to win by default. So far, they haven't come up with what Democrats out in the mother land want to hear. Am I missing something here? The real "serious stuff" doesn't seem to appear on this list.
Bush GOP type vagueness isn't going to get it. I like Dean, but I also feel that the DNC is under the power of the DLC, and those people don't listen very well, actually, not at all. We have serious problems and they don't want to address them. That does not make them leaders. God help us. The Bush GOP, with their weak leadership, certainly has. Everyone except the DLC. We just can't afford them. Bush, the decider, destroys, and the DLC stands by and watches, and expects people to fall all over them like stumbling over a dead body ... not enough action there. They better speak up, speak out, define this country or once again, become the Democratic Losers Club. And, I don't like being led by losers.
I'm not an expert, just a Democrat and a concerned citizen. Remember, we Americans out in the mother land are the ones who have had to live with the Bush GOP decisions, not the DLC or the DNC ... real leaders listen and then act. They don't react or attack, which has been the leadership shown to Americans by the Bush GOP towards everyone in the world and here at home. And, real leaders don't lead according to the polls or to get certain votes. Real leaders stick their necks out and deal with the problems at hand. But, to do nothing? That, too, speaks volumes.
As Democrats and patriots, how can we not include those who are wounded, dying, or dead somewhere on this planet every single day, due to the Bush GOP? Simplicity is okay ... truthful, frank definitions of the problems Americans face today ... but, simplicity with vagueness isn't going to make our day, and it isn't going to make these deadly Bush GOP-caused problems go away.
Just a thought,
Thanks Buzz Flash,
* * *
Shirley Smith is a regular BuzzFlash Reader and Contributor. Many of her earlier posts can be found in the Mailbag.