|Paying Taxes||PERSPECTIVES HOME|
We at BuzzFlash get so tired of people who tell us they "hate paying taxes" or they complain that the government does nothing but "waste" their tax dollars.
So, in an effort to help those who suffer from the delusion that they pay too much in taxes or that all of their taxes are wasted, we thought we'd create a list that BuzzFlash Readers can send to these whining babies, we mean, our Republican friends.
If you don't like paying taxes . . .
- Don't drive on paved streets or highways.
- Don't call 911.
- Don't flush your toilet.
- Don't bring your garbage to the curb.
- Don't fly in an airplane that uses air-traffic controllers.
- Don't use the court system.
- Don't call the police when you get robbed.
- Don't use the US Post Office, send all your letters via FedEx or UPS.
- Don't ask for a farm subsidy for not growing crops.
- Don't ask for a taxpayer subsidy to do business in a city or state.
- Don't buy a sports franchise and ask the taxpayers to build your stadium.
- Don't send your children to public schools.
- Don't attend a state university.
- Don't expect a social security payment.
- Don't let Medicare pay your bills if you are over 65 or disabled.
- Don't look for a government contract to bolster your defense industry business.
- Don't look for a government.
- Don't look for a lucrative government consultant contract.
- Don't run for political office where your salary is paid for by the taxpayers.
- Don't accept government research findings that subsidize research for your industry.
- Don't be an airline and expect the government to bail you out.
- Don't be a car company and expect the government to bail you out.
- Don't be a steel company and expect the government to bail you out.
- Don't be a company that pollutes and expect the taxpayer to bail you out.
- Don't climb to the top of the Washington Monument, which is maintained at taxpayer expense.
- Don't make use of police services.
- Don't be rescued by fire department paramedic team.
- Don't call the fire department.
- Don't expect federal assistance if a natural disaster destroys your home or business.
- Don't expect the military to defend your country.
Contributed by BuzzFlash Readers:
- Don't visit national parks or hike in national forests.
- Don't eat USDA inspected meat, cheese, eggs or produce.
- Don't take any medications tested and approved by the FDA.
- Don't drink, bath or otherwise use the water from municipal water systems.
- Don't look at or relay a weather report.
- Don't look at a NASA generated picture.
- Don't expect a unit of measure like a gallon of gas to be a full gallon.
- Don't expect an elevator to work correctly or not fall.
- Don't expect a red light to work.
- Don't be the Minority Senate Leader Named Trent Lott and expect American taxpayers to subsidize the building of private industry cruiseliner ships in your home state.
- Don't accept government money to help develop a product which you then personally patent or copyright and sell for your own profit.
- Don't use the services of a doctor who is licensed through the state.
- Don't expect research into medical problems such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, aging, prostrate, menopause, etc.
- Don't use the public library.
- Don't go to a state university affiliated hospital.
- Don't go to a state university.
- Don't watch state college sports.
- Don't apply for government grants.
- Don't use your state's convention centers.
- Don't go to a state, city or municipal-run airport.
- Don't ask for rural electrification.
- Don't ask for FEC regulations that protect us from crooked financial planners.
- Don't ask to keep the airwaves free so your right-wing psycho radio talk show host can lie to you.
- Don't ask for a business loan from the small business administration.
- Don't ask to use the G.I. bill to go to college.
- Don't allow Al Gore to sponsor legislation to turn a military computer network (DARPANet/ARPANet) into the public-accessed "Internet."
- Don't drive a car that benefits from government safety regulations.
- Don't use electricity generated by TVA or some government-owned and maintained dam or facility.
Don't use currency printed by the US Treasury.
Don't expect the government to keep an eye on cemeteries, crematories
and funeral homes so you won't get dug up and thrown in a swamp. And
ask George Bush why he lied about his involvement with a company that
did just that.
- Don't go to a beach kept clean by the state.
- Don't use public transportation.
- Don't visit public museums.
- Don't go hunting, fishing, or camping on government property.
- Don't cross a bridge.
- Don't use truckstops or public restrooms.
June 24, 2002 Updates
- Don't expect the government to protect the copyright for the works you create.
Don't move to any other developed nation, because the taxes are higher
- Don't expect your tap water to be clean and germ free.
- Don't expect there to be much wildlife left other than rats.
- Don't use wood or eat meat grown on Forest Service or BLM land.
- Don't eat any food transported on roads.
- Don't eat any vegetables in winter, 'cause they're mostly grown with "reclaimed" water.
- Don't expect any workplace safety standards, labor laws, or minimum wage.
- Don't use any gasoline, oil, or natural gas that was discovered by the USGS.
- Don't live in New Orleans, Sacramento or any other city protected by a levee.
- Don't expect zoning laws.
- Don't expect clean air, clean water, clean soil, etc.
- Don't expect highway signs.
- Don't expect laws against murder, theft, etc. (the govt. DEFINES crime).
Don't expect to OWN anything, like your house, car, etc. (the govt.
- Don't expect anyone to plow your roads when it snows or sweep them when they're dirty.
- Don't expect the government to regulate industries that have monopolies and use that power to raise your rates for reduced service and product quality.
- Don't expect the government to keep gasoline rates low, compared to the rest of the world.
- Don't expect convicted criminals to be in prison and off your street.
- Don't expect the local government to condemn private property at below market rates so that your major league baseball franchise can build a stadium on the land and make millions of dollars in profit while leaving the taxpayers to foot the bill when the courts order the government to pay the property owners a fair price.
July 26, 2002 Updates
- Don't expect to receive a cheap land lease on Federal lands, then mine or cut the forest for your profit with no repayment to the landlord (we the people).
- Don't expect to have uniform building codes.
- Don't expect to go to buildings and high rises that have been reviewed and inspected during construction to ensure it was built to current building codes.
- Don't expect to eat in restaurants that have been inspected to ensure cleanliness and the safe preparation of food.
- Don't expect your children to be able to ride the bus to school.
- Don't try to adopt a child through your county or state government.
- Don't expect the state or county to pay foster parents to take care of the children left abandoned or orphaned.
- Don't expect the state or county to investigate and/or remove children from neglectful or abusive homes.
- Don't visit the Smithsonian.
- Don't write any material to be published and copyright it.
- Don't go to your book store and try to find a book by its ISBN number.
- Don't expect the government to stop the auto companies from building SUVs that roll over and kill your wife and kids.
- Don't expect the court to appoint a taxpayer-paid attorney to represent you (or your child) when you are accused of a crime.
- Don't call or go to the US Embassy in a foreign country when you get in trouble.
- Don't get a passport or try to get out of the US without a Passport.
- Don't expect to enjoy the benefits of the most stable regime in the world.
And finally . . .
- Don't complain to us about how much you pay in taxes because we think taxes can be a good thing and WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR WHINING ANYMORE!
* * *
Let us know if we missed anything. Just like our list of Demands, We'll refine and rebuild this list until it's clear and concise so you can share it with your friends, both those that understand how their taxes are being used and those that need to know.
BACK TO TOP