BuzzFlash Reader Commentary
November 5, 2002
Top 10 Reasons President Bush Kept Harvey Pitt
BUZZFLASH READER COMMENTARY
10. Harvey Pitt is Bush’s secret plan to fight global warming.
“Big 3 Auto Sales Plunge 30% in October.” CNN 11/01/2002
'A link between Saddam and bin Laden? No way'
“Ken Lay, CEO of the Largest Energy Fraud in History,
7. George Bush Senior went short on 2002?
Who knows??? Headline: “The Big Guys Work for the Carlyle Group,”
6. As a show of economic solidarity with Argentina.
Headline: “World Bank Secret Document Consumes Argentina”
5. Likes to see Gephardt’s face get red when he yells.
Headline: “Top Democrat seeks Pitt's resignation; White House aides defend chairman's anti-fraud record”
4. Retirement is vastly overrated.
Headline: “Your 401 (k) is Making a Statement.”
3. Harken? Isn’t he from Iowa?
Headline: “Bush Sold [His Harken] Stock After Lawyers' Insider Trading Warning”
2. Accountants need a kinder, gentler world, too.
Harvey Pitt’s promise upon assuming Chairmanship of the SEC
1. And the #1 Reason: Because corporate crusaders must be ever vigilant...
“...Pitt Launches SEC Probe of Himself….”
BUSH ON PITT in Nashville, Tennessee, 11/01/2002
in our economy depends upon us holding people to account if
"The chairman serves at the pleasure of the president, and the president
* * *
|DAILY BUZZ||FIFTH COLUMNIST||CARTOONS||SOUTHERN STYLE|
|MEDIA LINKS||LINK ARCHIVES||SEND NEWSFLASH||ABOUT|
otherwise noted, all original