October 19, 2004
Bush Just Slays Me
A BUZZFLASH READER CONTRIBUTION
The George W. Bush administration and his neo-con minions have their dreams of total world domination within their grasp. What won't they do to remove the pesky John Kerry from foiling their evil plan? Who knows? I guess that's why they call it "the October surprise." But what about the millions and millions of Americans who want Bush and Company out of the White House? What about the rising masses, poised in revolution mode, ready to take back our country? What can Karl Rove and his political machine do about THEM? I think I've just begun to see their diabolical, long range plan: to kill off, literally, the American people. As many as they can. Right now. I think of their four year odyssey as "Inquisition 21st Century":
1. Enticing young, poor people into the military with promises of college degrees and a bright future, then sending those young, poor, unequipped people into Iraq where they essentially become cannon fodder.
2. Creating the "Leave No Child Behind" program, then not funding it, leading to an even poorer quality of education for our nation's children, and thereby contributing to the growing population of uneducated, unemployed, poor young people whose only option is to join the military (see above).
3. Making it illegal to negotiate for lower drug prices with Canada, thereby making it financially impossible for millions of our nation's seniors and the chronically ill to be able to afford their medications, many times for serious, chronic, even life-threatening health conditions.
4. Refusing to fund stem cell research, which could save untold millions of people around the world of chronic, debilitating or fatal diseases like Alzheimer's, Diabetes, and which has the potential to open possibilities in research for so many unknown, future cures.
5. Not properly funding promised programs for AIDS, not only in Africa, but here in the US. How many have died because they can't afford life-saving medications?
6. Weakened restrictions on safety inspections for beef, pork, and chicken, with huge government tax breaks and subsidies to those industries in gratitude for campaign contributions (read this month's Vanity Fair....I am now officially a vegetarian).
7. Weakened restrictions on the very air we breathe (Clear Skies Initiative).
8. Lower standards on mercury levels in seafood
9. Lower standards on arsenic levels in drinking water.
10. Not funding, in ANY way, increased security over our nation's nuclear facilities, inspections of containers coming into our ports, and border and INS programs.
11. Not funding first responders across the nation, who will need equipment and basic tools to help citizens should there be a terrorist, biological or other disaster close to home.
12. Slowly, by judicial appointments and other insidious and hidden "laws," to restrict and ultimately over-turn a woman's right to an abortion, which, if successful, would lead to "illegal" and dangerous "back street" abortions.
13. Completely ignoring the flu vaccine crisis when it was first raised to awareness almost four years ago, thereby creating the current shortage of flu vaccines, which will, most definitely, result in many more deaths of elderly, chronically ill, or immune-deficient children due to lack of the vaccine.
I could go on, but you get the picture. All of the above is designed to suppress, supplant, weaken, and ultimately eliminate the very people upon whom they would normally depend for their positions of power. Now that they have done away with fair elections, and the very institutions of Democracy and Civil Liberty, the only thing left to do is to clear away the trash....the stupid, compliant, easily brainwashed American population. They are trying to eliminate us, so we won't revolt against them.
Political scare tactic? Nope.
So what are we gonna do about it?? Are we going to let them STEAL THIS ELECTION???
THIS IS OUR LAST CHANCE.
A Buzzflash Reader
A BUZZFLASH READER CONTRIBUTION
Interested in contributing an article to BuzzFlash? Click here for more info.
Articles in the BuzzFlash Contributor section are posted as-is. Given the timeliness of some Contributor articles, BuzzFlash cannot verify or guarantee the accuracy of every word. We strive to correct inaccuracies when they are brought to our attention.