July 19, 2004
Ten Things I Will Do If Bush Wins
BUZZFLASH READER CONTRIBUTION
1) Lose what little faith I still have in my fellow Americans.
2) Prepare for the horrors of Bush's LEGACY years (cringe).
3) Watch as Bush tilts Supreme Court to the right for the next 20 years; signifying an end to abortion rights, separation of church and state, worker's rights, and gay rights (just to name a few "wacko liberal" causes).
4) Invest in bottled water companies. Four more years of Bush environmental "policies" will spell disaster for our already putrid watershed. Whether you are one of the nuts refuting Global Warming or not, you have to admit something is seriously wrong. Take it from someone who works in the Environmental industry, don't get near the water!
5) Say "good-bye" to our old friend Social Security. The last estimate I heard was a 2035-2050 expiration date. Think Bush will expedite things just a little? Hmmm.
5) Pray to god my nephews aren't chosen when the Draft is reinstated in 2005. "Plan to destabilize Middle East right on schedule, sir." Next phase: Operation Rapture!
6) Plan how to spend the $400 I'll get when Bush gives the Middle Class another whopping tax cut. I can use the cash to offset my barely-livable wage, or pay for some garbage I really don't need. I'm thinking a new entertainment center sounds pretty good.
7) Watch as Republican run Congress continues to allow media consolidation. By 2008 only 1 or 2 corporations may own all media outlets; TV, print, film, etc. Come to think of it, things aren't much better now.
8) Go down to Old Folks Home and say "FU" to all the seniors that might benefit from stem cell research. Actually, those people are already screwed. Instead, I'll say "FU" to myself and all those approaching middle age, since we are the people it will really hurt.
9) Pick out a pine box. A prolonged illness will be an automatic death sentence after Bush lets Pharmaceutical and Insurance companies run amuck for another 4 years. Or maybe write a new television series about the issue; "Law & Order: Medication Black-Market".
10) Keeping in mind John McCain (not the most enlightened man, himself) will probably be the next president after Bush, begin investigating immigration to Canada. I will gladly trade Consumerism for Compassion. Besides, I love hockey, and I can actually sing their National Anthem!
A BUZZFLASH READER CONTRIBUTION
Articles in the BuzzFlash Contributor section are posted as-is. Given the timeliness of some Contributor articles, BuzzFlash cannot verify or guarantee the accuracy of every word. We strive to correct inaccuracies when they are brought to our attention.