May 20, 2004
Letter to Hillary & Chuck: A Constituent's "Want List"
BUZZFLASH READER CONTRIBUTION
To Hillary Clinton and
1. I want our troops out of Iraq. We went there based on faulty intelligence (at best) or based on a pack of lies (at worst). I have a 16 year old son who is ripe for getting drafted to go fight for Iraqi freedom. I would give up my life for my country and so would my son. He will not give up his life so an Iraqi can vote in the next election.
2. I want to know who outed Valerie Plame. This was a breach of national security and a treasonous act by someone in the Bush administration. Have we gotten to the point that even treason goes unpunished?
3. I want to know where my money is going. My family's share of the deficit is over $100,000, and it increases by over $800 every month. Where are the surpluses we were told were going to run for years? What good is a $400 tax cut if the deficit costs me $800/month? I pay my taxes, but I NEVER AUTHORIZED the government to spend more of my money that I gave them. Why are you guys putting my children in debt?
4. I want a full audit of all money spent on the Iraq war. Who's getting rich here? We're spending $1 billion every week there and we're accomplishing nothing other than throwing away American lives and limbs and enriching companies like KBR and Halliburton.
5. I want to know why the government feels it needs to protect the right of every American to own an assault weapon because the constitution is such a sacred document, but has no problem trying to change that document to stop some people from getting married. Maybe if politicians stopped trying to legislate morality and spent a little more time balancing the budget, we wouldnít be in this mess.
6. George Bush and his family are good buddies with the Saud family. Do you think maybe he could have the prince over for another barbeque and a couple of beers and GET THEM TO DROP OIL PRICES before we enter another depression? In the mean time maybe we could spend some time and money looking at alternative energy sources. Just a suggestion.
7. I hope the French cure AIDS, cancer, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, and birth defects, then corner the market on all the drugs to cure these diseases. Maybe that will teach the U.S. government we should have been funding stem cell research.
Thatís about it for now. Thereís more Iíd like to say but I have to get to work now. Iím working a lot more hours these days, and taking less time off with my family. You see, I have a 7 trillion dollar debt to pay.
JK on Long Island
A BUZZFLASH READER CONTRIBUTION
Articles in the BuzzFlash Contributor section are posted as-is. Given the timeliness of some Contributor articles, BuzzFlash cannot verify or guarantee the accuracy of every word. We strive to correct inaccuracies when they are brought to our attention.
otherwise noted, all original