April 1, 2004
The Lack of Independence of the Independent 9/11 Commission
BUZZFLASH READER CONTRIBUTION
Dear Buzzflash Readers:
1. Mr. Bush originally dismisses the need for a Commission to see what happened prior/after September 11, 2001.
2. Then Mr. Bush acts like it was his idea that the Commission was formed.
3. Then Mr. Bush/the Administration picks out the Chairmen, and the panel to be on the Commission.
4. Then Mr. Bush underfunds, stonewalls, and generally does anything and everything to derail the Commission.
5. Not to mention gives the Commission a completely unrealistic date to finish.
6. Then Mr. Bush reverses his decision (under pressure) to allow more time for the Commission to complete its work.
7. Then Mr. Bush, again under considerable pressure, decides that Dr. Rice, himself, and Mr. Cheney will testify. However, neither Mr. Bush nor Mr. Cheney will be under oath.
8. .....and, if I understood Mr. Kean correctly this morning, on top of it all, the White House will be allowed to "check out" all the transcripts, and will decide which information will be released.........
If this is an 'Independent' Commission, I'm the Queen of England........
Mary in Indiana
A BUZZFLASH READER CONTRIBUTION
Articles in the BuzzFlash Contributor section are posted as-is. Given the timeliness of some Contributor articles, BuzzFlash cannot verify or guarantee the accuracy of every word. We strive to correct inaccuracies when they are brought to our attention.
otherwise noted, all original