October 23, 2003
Rumsfeld "Memo" an Obvious Plant
BUZZFLASH READER COMMENTARY
That memo wasn't leaked, it was obviously planted. Why? Well here are a few reasons I believe:
- The administration obviously knows they are losing the war on terrorism and so now they are setting up their excuses. How else are they going to try to explain why there are still so many terrorists?
- They are trying to prepare the American mentality to expect long drawn out occupations in both Iraq and Afghanistan as necessary evils.
- It makes Rumsfeld look like he is doing his job, but that the Department of Defense is a large difficult bureaucracy to manage (shift the blame).
- It plants the seed for the possible development of a new branch of defense designed by the White House.
- It paves the way for them to take more "necessary" aggressive measures.
This is all so obvious that I can't believe that everyone else isn't picking up on this. Hell, they already had their canned little defense of the memo ready to go, along with Rumsfeld's mock "outrage" that this memo to four senior staffers could get out (all the while stating that they don't feel there was any malicious intent by the leak, but rather that someone in the office made copies for other staff to encourage thinking points!!)
What, no investigation to find the source of the leak? Hooey!
I have not read this in any forum, but come on this is so phony, I can smell a rat when I smell one.
A BUZZFLASH READER COMMENTARY
Articles in the BuzzFlash Contributor section are posted as-is. Given the timeliness of some Contributor articles, BuzzFlash cannot verify or guarantee the accuracy of every word. We strive to correct inaccuracies when they are brought to our attention.
otherwise noted, all original